Fainting and Seizures.

2

Written on 5/12/2009 08:00:00 PM by Jasper12.01u

Fainting and seizures. That was exactly what had happened today.

When I was still in elementary school, I had a friend Rahmi who was prone to fainting during gym class or flag ceremonies. Then I had wondered what it must have felt like to just black out like that. Little did I know that I would experience it later in life, notably today.

I was at my dad's office, getting my blood tested, and though I was--and am--VERY much afraid of needles, it was a regular thing.

And so I went in the lab, doing the usual my shutting-my-eyes-tight-while-having-my-blood-taken thing, and then got out of there as fast as my feet could take me.

The thing is I was feeling mighty nauseous, my vision was blurry and I was getting lightheaded.
My mom gave me some mineral water to drink and we sat down as I wasn't feeling so well.

And then everything went BLACK.

I imagine being electrocuted must feel very similar to the fit I was having as I could feel the electric surge running through my body. My whole body went "dead" and I seemingly have no strength for movement. I could hear voices but could only make out smudges of colors and abstract shapes around me as I stirred into consciousness. They put me in a wheelchair and I was steered to one of the rooms in the clinic.

They set me up with oxygen, as I couldn't breathe properly. I could hear the nurse/doctor talking to my mom asking questions "Has this ever happened before?" to which my mom said no.

They then checked my heart and not long after took my blood AGAIN[!!!] and checked my tension. After that they told me to take a rest while waiting for the results to come out.


I had low blood pressure, that much I knew and that was also the result. In addition my glucose level was low.

We figured it was because I had been going home so late at night these days, usually 8:30 PM, and when I did get to the house I didn't immediately rest or take a break from all the feverish activities I was doing. Hence me collapsing and having a spell.

But after resting and getting something to eat I felt a whole lot better. I was even able to drive home! :)


In addition to that I went to Senayan City, one of Jakarta's major malls, and even picked up both of my sisters at their schools.


I guess I had been tiring myself out lately, and it looks like tonight I have to do so again as I have to study for tomorrow's International Taxation quiz plus I have to finish two assignments (International Taxation and Auditing 202) that are due tomorrow... Damn it. :(

If you enjoyed this post Subscribe to our feed

2 Comments

  1. ChikitaRosemarie |

    hope u're ok now tan.. im a low blood preassure person too, eat/drink lots of sugar tan.. it helps a lot to recover your body..

     
  2. Jasper12.01u |

    I'm okay now Chik... :)
    Thanks.

     

Post a Comment